Hybrid Dentures Procedure
Hybrid Dentures procedure involves the securing of a customized prosthetic dental bridge to four or more dental implants, the positioning and angulation of which are strategically determined with the help of sophisticated 3D imaging and software so as to:
- Maximize support for the bridge using what remaining bone volume there is.
- Avoid damaging vital oral structures, such as the sinus cavity and nerve canal.
- Provide patients with new, fixed (non-removable) teeth without the need for bone grafting surgery beforehand.
The implants act as “anchors” for the prosthetic teeth, which, if cared for properly, can last decades without the need for changes to the restoration. But without proper care hybrid dentures can get damaged. There are dental labs specialized in hybrid denture implant repairs, so repairing your dentures shouldn’t be difficult. The hallmark of Hybrid Dentures is that it can almost always be performed in a single appointment, thus allowing patients to walk out on the afternoon of their procedure with a complete set of new teeth.
How is this possible?
The four or more dental implants utilized in the Hybrid Dentures technique are strategically placed in such a way so as to reap maximum support from the remaining bone volume. The two posterior implant screws are substantially angulated, which increases the support and stability of the entire dental prosthesis. What this all means is that even patients who have lost a severe amount of bone due to tooth loss, gum disease and bone atrophy can now be considered candidates for new implant-supported, non-removable teeth.
It is thanks to the innovative design of the Hybrid Dentures that bone grafting is almost never needed in preparation for the dental implants. The benefits of this are:
- It can save patients tens of thousands of dollars on this costly procedure,
- It saves patients the trauma of going through an additional invasive and painful procedure,
- It enables patients to get New Teeth In A Day